Are you finding time for yourself?

Visit my website at http://www.realizethepowerofyou.com. You won't regret it!

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Hit the snooze button one time too many - pounds are coming back!!!! (frown)

They say that confession is good for the soul. Well, it's time for my confession everyone.

Over the last couple of months, I've hit the snooze button just one time too many. Now, many of you that know me know that I typically go to my "second home" (the gym) every morning. I like doing my workout in the morning. I feel energized and...I get it over with early.

Now, I've still been doing my exercises for 30 minutes everyday but it's just not the same. I haven't felt as energized as I've had in the past. I've gotten a bit relaxed with my journey over the last couple of months. I'm still aware of what I eat and that I don't want to backslide into the habits that got me to the point where I was over 200 pounds, but man...my journey took a turn.

All is not lost!!I know that I haven't been doing all that I can do to keep my weight maintained like I should. When I hit my goal of 140 back in July 2010, I gave myself a 5 pound range that I would be comfortable with should I pick up a few pounds. Well, I went a couple of pounds about that range and I DON'T like it.

The good thing is, I KNOW that I can get back on track. Why, you may ask...because I've done it before. I know what it takes to get the weight off and I am re-dedicating myself to my journey. I will do my best not to hit the snooze button in the morning...even though the pillow be calling me to just lay back down. (smile).

Yes, the extra sleep is nice but I just don't feel the same. I end up fussing at myself for laying back down and not getting my tail up like I should. It really throws my day off. Plus, I don't like what the scale is telling me right now. It once was my friend but now...I'm not too fond of it. I'm just being real and truthful!!!

So, I'm striving to get back on my path like I used to be. Sometimes, it's not easy. There are times when you want to quit or take a detour but ask yourself...is it worth it? Although the detour from your journey may be nice for a time...is it really worth it?

If you have any similar stories, please feel free to share. I know that I am not the only one that is going through such a challenge as staying motivated.

"Remember...YOU Are Worth It...Just Do It...No Excuses!"

2 comments:

  1. Tbe words of only a person that has been on the Journey. Since i've not hit my goal yet and trying to get there in stages, I set a goal and work to maintain it before I meet the next one. I give allow myself 3-weeks of maintenance before pursuing the next the level. During those 3-weeks of maintenance, I allow myself 3-pounds. Well a weekend get away cost me an extra 2 pounds (5 total). Even vacation is not worth going back over 200 pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes sisters that weight will creep back in so we have to be on toes at all times. All General Orders are in effect (smile). Be steadfast sisters and the fight will be won. Peace.

    ReplyDelete