Are you finding time for yourself?

Visit my website at http://www.realizethepowerofyou.com. You won't regret it!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Maintain and not gain - Everyday trials

Greetings to All,

It is been a long while since I've blogged. Please forgive me.

Like many of us, I have gone through some trials and tribulations regarding my journey. Don't get it twisted, just because I reached my goals back in 2010 does not mean I don't continue to struggle each and every day.

Yes, I have the tools and knowledge available to me to keep my weight where I want it to be, but, I am human. Do you know what that means? It means that each and every day is a trial for me.  Sound familiar?

Look, it is was as easy as pushing the "easy" button, then we all would be claiming the victory of weight loss...but, that is not the case.

There are days when I just want to throw it all in and go for it (pies, cakes, pasta, breads, etc.). Every time I look at food or smell it in my nostrils, I have a discussion with one of my many selves. You know what I mean. The one self that tells you, "no, don't eat that...it's not worth it", and then the other self that says, "gone, Girl...eat it...enjoy it...it won't hurt you".

I fight with these feelings on a very frequent basis. What helps me get through?

Several things:

  1. Knowing that Allah(God) is on my side and has equipped me with what I need to get through these trials.
  2. Having the knowledge of right and wrong. Having better educated myself on food, portions, the effects of food on my mind, body, and soul, and the short/long term effects on my overall health. (note - I thank The Most Honorable Elijah Muhammad for giving us the book series called "How to Eat to Live")
  3. Knowing I can accomplish whatever I set my mind to.
  4. Realizing I, too, will have my good and bad days...but, that doesn't mean I have to beat myself up each time I slip.
  5. Remembering to get back up and restart my journey whenever I find myself falling.
  6. Remembering...I AM WORTH IT!!!!
  7. Finally, telling myself I have "no excuses!!!"
Why am I sharing this? Well, here is an update on my journey. I've gone up and down in my weight since 2010. Believe it or not, I found/gained 23 pounds back as one point or another. Did I let that defeat me...heck no!!!!

What did I do? I remember who and whose I am. I am mighty, powerful, valuable, strong, and faithful. I know what steps to take to get the weight off and I refused to gain anymore than I already gained.

I got back on my feet, checked myself, readjusted my eating habits, and went for it. YOU can do it, too!!

Look, you are not in this alone. We all have our challenges in one shape, form, or fashion. When you have a bad day, don't linger in pity and completely get off course. Recognize your errors or faults, recalibrate, and resume your journey. Yes, it's not an easy thing to do. Yes, you are going to want to reach your goals overnight, but the reality is..."struggle is ordained and after struggle comes ease" - The Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan.

To date, I am down 13 pounds and plan to work my way back to my goal.

Remember...You Are Worth It...Just Do It...No Excuses!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment